Velotechnic DS-1 & DS-1D hubs are designed and built with the attributes of Strength, Stability, Stiffness and Smoothness to give the best riding experience whilst remaining affordable. Designed & engineered in Singapore with our own exclusive moulds, manufactured in Taiwan
<< FRONT HUB >>
The front hub design is elegantly simple compared to the complexities of a rear hub. However, it provides crucial stiffness and stability to the front wheel, felt especially during cornering, sprinting hard, or climbing out of the saddle.
he DS1 front hub has a strong 15mm diameter hardened axle while the DS-1D has a massive 17mm diameter thru’axle , eliminating flex. The distances & the P.C.D. of the flanges provide wide bracing spoke angles for lateral wheel stiffness and stability. Precise hub adjustment is easily achieved with the pre-load threaded collar to optimise bearing stiffness. Lastly, the DS front hub shell is thicker for added strength and stiffness.
<< REAR HUB >>
A cold-forged hub shell makes it both tougher and stronger.
Our oversized axles withstand any flex under huge pressures, while our high load bearings perform efficiently even under strong pedal load.
The freehub’s German-made sleeve bearings have superior load spreading compared to ball bearings.
// the quality of the wheels not to deflect sideways under load.
- Front hub flanges are designed for extra-wide bracing angles.
- Rear hub flanges balance the optimal tension ratio vs bracing angle.
- A wider spoke bracing angle (see pictures) forms a virtual triangle with a wider base and improves the stability of the wheel.
- Since the DS flange is limited by the cassette freehub, we designed it to move away from the centre line as much as we can since every millimetre count.
- However, as the left flange moves away from the centre line, the left spokes’ tensions decrease proportionally while keeping the wheel dished.
- The left flange is placed at a distance to balance of bracing angle vs tension ratio.
// Quality of the parts not to bend under load
- Rear hub oversized axle with added diameters at critical juncture between hub shell & free hub reduces cantilevering flex
- Rear axle diameter (Left - 17mm - 18mm - 20mm - 17mm - Right)
- Oversized bearings provide continual performance under load
- German-made sleeve bearings at inner free hub has ultra low coefficient of friction, high wear resistance and virtually unbreakable under all riding conditions
// not impeded by creating friction; smooth / low drag.
- The ultra-low friction drive mechanism has been uniquely designed with magnetic pawls and a 42 point ratchet ring.
- 2 x 2 magnetic pawls provide super fast engagements
- 4.28 degrees engagement
- Low friction & high wear resistance sleeve bearings
- High precision chromium steel bearings
Easily, one of the lowest drag hubs.. We dare say.